DWP decission — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP decission

dazman14
dazman14 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
So I got off the phone from the pip helpline they said that a decission has been made but they cant tell me what  because it's still being updated. 

Is this likely? Because I'd of thought it would of told them the lot if they knew the decission had been made.

Wanted peoples opinion and if they have heard this before.  Also the lack of me receiving any calls from the deccisoon maker who told me she would make a deccisoon the second she gets my report as it was late and she was annoyed at that etc.

I am just sat wondering and worrying my butt off =/

Darren

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dazman14. Unfortunately due to backlog, it takes time for claims to be processed. All I can suggest is to keep calling. Do remember to ask for a copy of their report as well. Good luck! Keep us updated. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, this is normal. It takes about 24 hours for the computer to be updated and for the information to transfer from one to another. They can see that a decision's been made but they can't tell you what it is at that point. Ring back tomorrow afternoon and they'll be able to tell you what that decision is. Frustrating i know but it's happened to me but for me it was a Friday so i had to wait until the Monday.  :o Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @dazman14, I hope you manage to find out tomorrow! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dazman14
    edited September 2019
    @poppy123456
    @Adrian_Scope

Found out the deccisoon over the phone it was disallowed.

The report pretty much mentions all my problems and is quite accurate other than the fact they written what I said and failed to put it towards any descriptors absolutely nothing was awarded on the report. 

Even though for example:

I dont use public transport
    I Leave my cooker on and have burnt things many times
    My mum supports me by cooking and preparing food
    And it says I overspend and what not

There is way toomuch information to say what I do struggle with but it's like they took what I said and left a simple statement about my cognition and intellect etc saying it's likely I dont get anything on any descriptor. 

Very peeved off to say the least because I'm halfway through an mental health assesment and they reported no further evidence but say that just because on the day I was okay to them it was enough.  And honestly I am that bad they are considering a psychosis refferal in community care. I just dont get it. 

Such an unfair system for people who suffer and I've recently had alot of issues with attempts and yet I am not sick enough or disabled enough for their help. I used to use the money on taxis and getting support with shopping etc. And it clearly shows I only leave 2-3 times a week but with someone and how I tend to walk into the road due to distraction' paranoia and my behaviour ... 

What happened to the safetly' reliable and whatever guidance. What complete ****...

And to say the assesor said people like me are supported soomuch more and it's good I've got my mum around as she was concerned ... they have no hearts. Or failed to move their ticks to the next box

Darren
  • linlin01
    linlin01 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Sorry to hear that @dazman14,  are you going to apply for mandatory reconsideration?  There should be details of how to do it in your assessment results letter when you get it.  I managed to get through after this a couple of years ago.  Good luck!
  • dazman14
    @linlin01 I am going to apply for MR and also lodge a complaint to capita about the contradictory report and lodge a complaint to the DWP for missing this because clearly it shows my needs in terms of her observations other than the fact it also said because I can do x y and z in her eyes I can do it all... which isnt righr or fair.
  • dazman14
    I've just finished off of the phone with the DWP. Only just put my appeal through a month ago. So was very delayed in doing so.

My phone call ended with them offering to drop the appeal and give me enhanced mobility and enhanced care.

Not sure why they phoned to do this but so grateful that the waiting game has paid off. 

Now I am waiting on a manager to authorise payment and hope that I get a long term award. Fingers crossed its a light touch review one as my condtion won't change.

@linlin01
    @Adrian_Scope
    @poppy123456
    @April2018mom

I am still surprised that it took this one phone call to sort out things.

Thanks for your support guys,

Is it common for the DWP to make such large offers from 0 points when ive not included anymore evidence atm. Just my mums word and sisters on the phone etx.

Its wonderful that they did this because ive been through hell to say the least managing things after losing everything.

Dazman
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi thats great news for you, maybe they made the decision based on what you out in the MR and realised they should have made the award.

There are lots of peo0ple reporting MR being successful recently and the success rate is lots better than it used to be
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @dazman14 Brilliant news, thank you for the update and well done you for persevering! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Congrats @dazman14! Also @mikehughescq, is there a reason for this particular behaviour? I'm genuinely curious 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @dazman14! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.