Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Clerical claim that had to be rebuilt

macca1282macca1282 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi just a question I've been on esa (support group) since 2009 and two and half yrs ago I moved into supported housing and my money went down with no explanation, with my mental state I was in a bad place and this yr 22 Feb 2019 I put on a new claim in coz I was told I never changed my circumstances but I never received a letter or phone call, but changed everything when I moved into another supported housing, then I was told about my claim being clerical what does that mean?? I'm confused any help please


  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @macca1282
    Welcome to the community, I have asked @Joanne_Scope to come and take a look at your question to see if she can shed any light on it for you.
    Senior online community officer
  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi @macca1282
    A claim is generally clerical because there have been technical issues with putting it on the computer system. It means that it is dealt with by hand. The difficulty with that can be that it is harder for advisers to access when you ring them and it can make things take longer to be dealt with.
    Do you have a copy of your latest ESA award letter? It might be worth looking to see if you have a Severe Disability Premium on your award. You can get this if you live alone, have PIP Daily Living or DLA middle or high rate care and no one is claiming Carers Allowance for looking after you. 
Sign in or join us to comment.