PIP planning & following journeys descriptor — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP planning & following journeys descriptor

linlin01
linlin01 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
Hi, I stumbled over this last time I applied for PIP and I've got a f2f next week so I'm worried about this descriptor again.  I might be overthinking this but what does it actually mean? 

For example I cant walk very far so I use a mobility scooter locally and if i need to go further afield I ask someone to give me a lift in their car and then push me in a manual wheelchair to where I need to go. 

But last time on my assessment report they said something like I COULD plan and follow a journey because it's not your physical capability that counts, is whether you are not capable of planning and following journey because of eg anxiety or mental difficulties (or other things). 

So if I am able to plan where I want to go and how I'm going to get there, but it's just that I cant actually physically do it by myself - does this mean I would not get points on this descriptor?

This is a late night can't get to sleep worrying message!  Not expecting a quick reply  :)

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.