Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


ettsamettsam Member Posts: 2 Listener
Would moving from ESA support group to workgroup be a change of circumstance and would this mean I would lose my transitional allowance


  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi @ettsam

    It is my understanding that this would not be a change of circumstances that would trigger a new claim, so it should not affect any transitional payments you are getting. 

    Are you still getting TP for getting moved from Incapacity Benefit? If not, what is the TP for?

    The move would mean that you could lose the extra money that you get paid for being in the Support Group.
  • Silver925Silver925 Member Posts: 87 Courageous
    It is classed as a change in circumstances but not in the way that you would need to make a new claim as said above. I got moved from WRAG to SG I just told Housing Benefit/ Council Tax Support because they just needed to change my ESA status on there records that was all. Your HB and CTS should stay the same if you claim Income Related ESA. Changes to your existing benefits don't count in the same way.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

    Scope community team

    Hi @ettsam and a warm welcome to the community. :)

    I hope you've found Joanne and @Silver925's answers to be helpful. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Senior Community Partner

    Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.