Bake off contestant Michael tweets about anxiety after tearful episode – The Independent
On episode four of this year’s series of Bake Off, which aired on Channel 4 on Tuesday evening, the contestants were tasked with making beignets souffles – deep-fried choux puffs which were popular during the 1920s.
The challenge required the bakers to fry choux pastry while forming them into ball shapes, a step which Michael struggled to carry out successfully, causing him to become tearful.
At one point, the 26-year-old looked flustered as he held his head and said: “I can’t. I can’t. It’s too much.”
On Wednesday, Michael tweeted about experiencing anxiety and how watching the episode made him feel “uncomfortable”.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments