Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
debdeb13
debdeb13 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hello can  Dwp   get  tribunal  cancelled  or  once you ask for tribunal  is your case heard  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

DWP will oppose the appeal because they don't think you're entitled to it. This happens to everyone that requests the Tribunal. DWP will put their case together, just like you need to put yours together and prove you qualify.

HMCTS wouldn't refuse an appeal and your case will be heard. It could potentially take a long time to receive a hearing date though because backlogs are huge in most areas and you could be waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date.

Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debdeb13
    debdeb13 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    Thakyou for information poppy123456   
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Deppi said:

Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.
    @debdeb13 Just to add, and poppy123456 can correct me if wrong, by "appearing in person" we mean not only to go there, but also to appear by video or phone call, and all options are the same in terms of success. The paperbased is poor in terms of success.

Indeed that is correct now but you've commented on a thread that's more than 3 years old so it wasn't correct at that time, which was why i didn't advise the telephone or video call because they weren't an option at that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks kindly for your comment @Deppi that's very helpful feedback, and certainly something the team will take into consideration for future :) 

It's not necessarily a bad thing to comment on old posts, it's just less likely they'll be active, or that you'll get a reply from everyone in the discussion. And it's probably quite helpful to anyone reading to see an update with more accurate information, especially if they found the thread through a search. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.