What to wear on a mobility scooter in the rain?
Autumn had come & the rain is getting more frequent & the time has come to work out how I can stay dry on my wheelchair with powered tricycle attachment. I was wondering if those with experience could share tips, please?
I’ve seen a few options:
Poncho style with arms
Poncho style with clear window over handles/controls
Wheelchair cosy (+\- fleece lining) with normal raincoat
Wheelchair leg apron with normal raincoat.
(I don’t think mobility scooter rain canopy would attach to mine as back is manual wheelchair so not same shape as a scooter).
Any tips on ease of getting on, flexibility, is cheaper ok or less waterproof etc?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments