Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I joined this forum seeing that there were some posts in regards to their childs tethered chord. My daughter is now 5 years old and was diagnosed with a tethered chord about 1 year ago. She has a deep sacral dimple, which lead us to get an MRI and was then diagnosed with a tethered chord. we have been seeing a Specialist and going to Lurie Children's in Chicago for yearly testing. She struggles with constipation and has had 3 UTI's in the past 3 years, other than that she's great. I am wondering if anyone knows of any other Specialist in the Chicaogland area outside of Lurie Children's that they would recommend? We are looking for another resource to help with the Uro test she needs with the cath, because I am not happy with how Lurie's does it. They want to put her under General Anesthesia in one location, then wake and have us transport her to the other location with Cath in to conduct urine test. That is not going to work, she will freak out. Need to do this all in one location. Any insight or specialist recommendations would be much appreciated!
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.