Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Adult autistic son being moved from supported housing
My 36 year old Asperger son has lived in NAS supported housing near to family for 12 years. Previously he lived in residential for one year but was moved by social services for financial saving. Has struggled to cope over years developing increasingly severe anxiety treated with medications and cbt. Two years ago a severe reaction to medication changes resulted in him being unable to leave the house ever since. Now NAS are saying they 'cannot meet his needs' so asked social services to find a new placement. SS won't pay for residential place which he clearly needs and is near family. What can we do?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.