Support group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group

clare_1
clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello all.

I recently been changed from work related group to the support group without having to appeal and got it through a dission after the f2f assessment.

My query is... how long does it last for?, beacuse it doesn't state anywhere on the letter.
Poppy has already informed me about the November date so I know about that.

Also PIP has texted to say they recived the f2f assessment report on 10 September and then
Letter not that long ago to say that they have all the evidence now and I dont need to do anything but wait for the dission now. Strange beacuse I have never had that happen the last two times I had to apply in the past. First one lasting a year and last one for 4 years.
Once I have this dission from PIP will the money from ESA support group go up?
I was on enhanced for both on PIP before ran out end of August.

Any advice would be great

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hi,

There's never any length of time on the decision letters for ESA, regardless of which group you are you. ESA Support Group is ongoing, but they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. You can ring them and they'll tell you approximately how long but it's just a guide and nothing more.

Those letters you received for PIP and standard letters sent to everyone and a decision can still take between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. ESA support group amount is £128.45 per week.

If you're awarded PIP again then your ESA money will stay the same BUT if you live alone or classed as living alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you then you'll be entitled to claim the Severe Disability premium, which is an extra £65.85 per week on top of your ESA.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the PIP assessment report, that will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    Thank you Poppy.

I live with partner at my parents house atm, currently waiting for council place. No one claims carers allowance for me, didn't know we could as partner works 20 hours.

On a post previously DWP GB FP LP FUNDI you said 
    You will also receive more money each week. ESA Income Related Support Group is £128.45 per week

What is the more money each week for and would I be entitled to it
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2019
    @clare_1 The £128.45 per week is Income Related amount and  because you're living with your partner who works 20 hours per week then you won't receive this amount. I'm assuming DWP know that you're living with your partner?

I see you were previously in the WRAG may i ask how long you've been claiming ESA for?

As you're living with your partner then you must be claiming Contributions based ESA which is £111.65 per week. It's not means tested, which means that your partner working doesn't affect the amount you can you claim.

You won't be entitled to any more money on your ESA because you live with your partner.

Your partner can't claim Carers allowance for looking after you because he earns over the amount allowed. I only mentioned it in my previous comment and didn't know any of your circumstances at the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    The reason i asked about your partner is because if you're in the WRAG Contributions based is only paid for 1 year. If you're in the Support Group, it's paid for as long as you remain in that group.
  • clare_1
    Thanks for the reply Poppy.
    Yes DWP are awear of my partner and is on the forms. I know some people don't tell them but I'm an honest person and we dont want to do anything wrong.

I thought that may have been the case, do just thought I would ask.

It dosent say anything on the letter about WRAG.
    It just says we have looked at your claim again following a recent change.
    We cannot  pay you contribution-based Employment and support  beacuse you have reached the maximum  365 days.
    A decision on your capability for work. You have been moved from work related activity group to the support group..
    We will credit you with national  insurance  contributions while claiming employment support allowance.

Beacuse I have always been put in the work related group the past two times I applied I was just making sure what we are entitled to.

I do appreciate all the advice given. Thank you very much for taking your time to reply 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Thanks for that information. As you are now in the Support Group, claiming Contributions based your weekly ESA will be £111.65 from the date the decision was made.
  • clare_1
    Yes, I did however get a bit more the first payment but I think that was beacuse they backdated. 
    The dission was so quick it wasnt a huge amount.

So dose that mean it's on going untill they want a review, or is it a set time?

• poppy123456
    It's ongoing but they can reassess you anytime from 3 months.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.