Rare chromosome disorder — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rare chromosome disorder

Options
Lilly23
Lilly23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
anyone have a child with a rare chromosome disorder?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lilly23 and welcome to the community! Is there a specific disorder that you are looking for? This will help us to narrow down the search for other members who have, or their child, a rare chromosome Disorder. Have you heard of UNIQUE? They are a UK based charity for rare chromosome disorders :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lilly23
    Lilly23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    It’s a microdeletion of a chromosome 2p16.3 basically the arm missing off the chromosome and I know all about unique but not found them to be of much use to be honest 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I've managed to find another member, who's child has a different type of the rare chromosome Disorder. Is it support groups you would like to be directed too or do you have any further questions? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi @Lilly23 I tried Contact (used to be known as Contact A Family) which I hoped may be able to help: https://www.contact.org.uk/ but sadly that also lead to Unique.

Might I suggest, that as Scope is a much bigger community, you might perhaps say what problems you're facing; the age of your child, & what difficulties they might have. You might not 'meet' a parent with a child like yours, but you might meet someone experiencing similar problems for a different reason.....it might be hypotonia (floppiness), delayed speech, learning difficulties, behavioural problems, etc.

This is a very supportive community & I hope you'll just jump in to see if any others might help.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Lilly23 and welcome to the community. Our members come from a diverse range of backgrounds, but we'll be more than happy to support you in whatever way we can. What sort of support is it you're looking for?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hjcespana
    hjcespana Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    Hi - my son has Klinefelters Syndrome which is not the rarest of chromosomal disorders but feels rare enough to us !

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.