Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Lower back pain
Hi everyone hope you are all well . I have had back pain from my late 20s I've always had constant lower back pain and every now and then will completely go on me and then I'm in agony... I've recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the knees mild they say, but for me its painful. I've been off work for 10 months as I had a partial Achilles tendon injury which is better now. I was referred to rheumatologist for my back pain. I had a mri scan and when I went to see my gp I asked if there were any results and this what she printed out for me ...L4-5 there is disc bulge and a radial annular tear, some facet joint arthropathy but no neural compromise. At L5-S1 there is bilateral broad-based herniation which is with some joint facet arthropathy is causing narrowing of the neural foramina but no neural compromise.... I've returned back to work and doing a phase return. I've not mentioned my results to work as I need to wait for rhymatogist appointment and see what they say. I'm really struggling with work, the constant back pain from sitting to walking and when i get home I'm so fatigued and snappy as in totally drained. I'm not even really doing anything on shif..I'm a support work for people with learning disabilities. I'm in constant pain and already on gabapentin and don't feel like it does anything for me, I have other health conditions, underactive thyroid, fibromyalgia,b12 and folate deficiency, osteoarthritis in knees and hands. Just so fed up and I feel like when I go to rheumatologist are going to play it down if you get what I mean...
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 755 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 748 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.