what benefits can i claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

what benefits can i claim

Options
emmabuzzy
emmabuzzy Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I do not know where to turn  I phoned the DWP just to ask if there is any  benefits I can claim the person  did not seem interested so I am hoping that someone will give me advice Since February this year I been going to the hospital every month having different test done then in April I found out I need to have open heart operation so now I take 6 different tablets each day  then 6 weeks ago I went to the  hospital and found out I also got damage lungs and will always have breathing problems and my voice may never be the same in other words I will always have a crowky voice  and we be limited to what I can do  I am just hoping that someone will be able to tell me what if any  benefits I can claim 

Comments

• Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    emmabuzzy said:
    I do not know where to turn  I phoned the DWP just to ask if there is any  benefits I can claim the person  did not seem interested so I am hoping that someone will give me advice Since February this year I been going to the hospital every month having different test done then in April I found out I need to have open heart operation so now I take 6 different tablets each day  then 6 weeks ago I went to the  hospital and found out I also got damage lungs and will always have breathing problems and my voice may never be the same in other words I will always have a crowky voice  and we be limited to what I can do  I am just hoping that someone will be able to tell me what if any  benefits I can claim 
    Hi @emmabuzzy

Welcome to the community, and you did the right thing by joining us as there will be somebody here that will steer you in the right direction, and so please don't worry too much... It's always a good idea if you can to visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau, as they will tell you every benefit that you may be entitled to and how to apply. Your eligibility will be based upon your own individual & personal situation, and most will insist upon seeing copies of your medial reports & diagnosis etc. and GP confirmation regarding your medication regime.  Most benefits will also be back-dated from the date that you apply, as it may take a while before the DWP decide your entitlement. The C.A.B may also advise you to visit the Jobcentre, not with the intention of making you work, but assisting you perhaps if they can.

Please don't hesitate to ask again for anything which you may be concerned about. Everybody here is very helpful and understanding and they will do their utmost to assist you as best they can... I know this myself.

Take care 

Roddy 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @emmabuzzy, how are you doing?

Are you currently employed?

Here is a form which you can fill in to see what benefits you could be entitled to, I hope this helps. :)

If there is anything we can do to help then please do let us know!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.