Pip/ blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip/ blue badge

greenslade Member Posts: 1 Listener
Can I get help with pip or blue badge? From scope


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hello @greenslade   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

    In response to your questions. We have information on PIP on our website.

    We can give you the number for an application form.

    0800 121 4433

    Please when the form comes read it carefully and if I can make a suggestion. If you have any one who is supporting you.  Health worker or support worker . They should be able to advise you.

    Website benefits find out more another link.


    Also look at CAB website has a guide to filling out the forms.

    I would draft your answers on pieces of paper.  Ring up CAB make an appointment they will help you fill it in. I have done this myself.

    Blue badges you need to fit the criteria. You will need to speak to your county council. For an application form.

    They will send you a form.  

    Please if you need to ask anything further please get in touch.

    Happy to be supportive.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Ails
    Ails Member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @greenslade and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you get things sorted out.  If we can be of any further help then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected
    Who is the badge for? Yourself or another family member?

    I applied on behalf of my son who is a paraplegic. You can find more information here
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @greenslade
                              Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us. In response to your question regarding a blue badge, I would either contact your local county council or go on their website to find an application form. Once you have filled to form in, your local council will assess your need for the badge and make a decision. Depending on the outcome, they may ask for a small fee if you receive the badge.  I hope that this helps and you are able to get this resolved. Please if there is anything else we can help you with, just ask. We are all here to support each other. Thank you.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 12,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @greenslade I'd also like to welcome you to the Scope community. I see you have already received some great advice.

    The information about PIP on Scope's website can be found by going right to the top of this page to 'Advice and support,' then 'Online advice and support,' you will then see 'Benefits' on the left-hand side, so then scroll down the right-hand side to the information on PIP.

    Might I ask what sort of help do you/a family member need with PIP? Is it how to apply for PIP, or completing the booklet that you would then receive? To know this would be helpful so you may receive additional help & advice from others here.

  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,552

    Scope community team

    Hi @greenslade and welcome to the community. What sort of help do you need?
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.