Sex toys available to people with restricted arm function — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sex toys available to people with restricted arm function

Options
Brierz
Brierz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone,

I am a third year occupational therapy student and I am looking into creating a product used for sexual stimulation for people with disabilities that cause restricted arm/wrist function, i.e. tremors, lack of joint movement, poor finger strength, involuntary movement, pain, spasticity or hyper mobility. This may include people with spinal injuries, MS, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, people who have had a stroke or any similar disabilities. I feel like sex as an occupation can be rarely picked up on or addressed in health care settings. There are a lot of people with different conditions and disabilities that have sexual difficulties and aren't always helped to fulfill themselves sexually, which should be an activity which is accessible for everyone.

I'm currently in the middle of designing something which isn't on the market at the moment, but would really really appreciate anyone's ideas that may have experience living with this as an issue. Any feedback on what you may struggle with or what you find helps you would be really helpful in progressing my ideas further.

Many thanks,

Brierz

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for posting @Brierz. Hopefully some of our members will be able to help feedback,
    Posts on the Events, research and opportunities is the only board that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link.
    Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.
    We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
    Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.