Got my Mandatory reconsideration notice letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my Mandatory reconsideration notice letter

GamerGirl37
GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
They have used the fact of my diagnosis being an Adult recent one against me ....so not happy! ??????

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    This is the first time I have actually seen a response. Blimey, the go through all sorts of things and give reasons why they wont award you any points.
    Are you taking this to tribunal?
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Really sorry to read that. It sounds like it is appeal/tribunal time.
  • GamerGirl37
    I’m still thinking about it so annoyed they have done this 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m still thinking about it so annoyed they have done this 

If you feel they are wrong then you have to
  • GamerGirl37
    Yeah I think I’m going to , because they are using my recent diagnosis as I lie because it’s only just happened 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GamerGirl37
    I don’t know about that yet I’m still in shock 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really sorry to hear this @GamerGirl37, if there is anything we can do to help or support you during a tribunal then please do let us know!
    Scope

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    good luck on whatever you decide to do, and remember you're not alone, there's plenty going through the same thing and coming out smiling, keep your chin up and hope it's not to long for you and you get whatever you wish for in the outcome etc
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Can I ask how long it took you from submitting your MR to getting their response?
  • GamerGirl37
    It wasn’t long really 
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Thanks, I’m awaiting the outcome of mine, but don’t expect it to change
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's backdated to the date the original decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @GamerGirl37

Thanks for sharing that letter with us. 

Similar to the one my adult son received. They said although he lives in supported living, he doesn't actually need support!! 
    Go figure?! 

So in yours they are basically saying that the asd diagnosis is only recent so doesn't count? 
    Your anxiety meds aren't strong ones, so don't count. 
    You are penalised for managing to work and achieving NVQ. 
    You are penalised for gaming and using Internet. 

My son was penalised for learning to manage his own money at the age of 24 (with the help of staff) 
    Penalised for not taking anxiety meds (even though they knew the meds made him ill) 
    Penalised for gaming and using Internet. 

Social worker wrote he was unable to plan and follow route or journey unaided.
    PIP Decision: I think you can plan and follow route or journey unaided!! 

I hope you can manage to go to appeal because I am sure you would win. We won at MR with the help of MP. 

Here's a good one from years ago. A children's social worker said that the autism diagnosis didn't count because it was an old one!!! 
    Mind Boggling!! 

Sincerely hope you can get over this shock and appeal. x
  • GamerGirl37
    yea yeah I hated reading that only an adult diagnosis **** , I’m going to chat wi tV my mum at the weekend and see what she would like to do I am appealing but dunno if Il go or not 
  • poppy123456
    yea yeah I hated reading that only an adult diagnosis **** , I’m going to chat wi tV my mum at the weekend and see what she would like to do I am appealing but dunno if Il go or not 
    I would urge you to attend the hearing in person and take someone with you. Paper based decisions for Tribunals only have a 5-8% chance of success. Those that appear in person have over a 70% chance of success so the difference is huge in comparison.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    paffuto10 said:
    @GamerGirl37

Thanks for sharing that letter with us. 

Similar to the one my adult son received. They said although he lives in supported living, he doesn't actually need support!! 
    Go figure?! 

That's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.... If he didn't need support then he certainly wouldn't be living in supported living. :|
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @poppy123456

What if Gamergirl is genuinely too anxious to attend? My son would be. 
    Would a GP letter help, do you think? 
  • poppy123456
    paffuto10 said:
    @poppy123456

What if Gamergirl is genuinely too anxious to attend? My son would be. 
    Would a GP letter help, do you think? 
    No, a letter from a GP isn't the best evidence. Lots of people are very anxious when attending a hearing. The panel will always prefer you to attend in person, rather than a paper based decision. You would need a very strong case to win a paper based hearing because the chances of success are very slim.
  • GamerGirl37
    My mums said that too about being stressed and anxious but then again it shows evidence 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.