PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Got my Mandatory reconsideration notice letter

GamerGirl37GamerGirl37 Member Posts: 94 Pioneering
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
They have used the fact of my diagnosis being an Adult recent one against me ....so not happy! 😡😡😡😡😡😭

Replies

• pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 2,002 Disability Gamechanger
    This is the first time I have actually seen a response. Blimey, the go through all sorts of things and give reasons why they wont award you any points.
    Are you taking this to tribunal?
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Really sorry to read that. It sounds like it is appeal/tribunal time.
  • GamerGirl37GamerGirl37 Member Posts: 94 Pioneering
    I’m still thinking about it so annoyed they have done this 
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 2,002 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m still thinking about it so annoyed they have done this 

If you feel they are wrong then you have to
    Yeah I think I’m going to , because they are using my recent diagnosis as I lie because it’s only just happened 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I don’t know about that yet I’m still in shock 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Really sorry to hear this @GamerGirl37, if there is anything we can do to help or support you during a tribunal then please do let us know!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • zakbloodzakblood Member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    good luck on whatever you decide to do, and remember you're not alone, there's plenty going through the same thing and coming out smiling, keep your chin up and hope it's not to long for you and you get whatever you wish for in the outcome etc
  • DuffersMumDuffersMum Member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    Can I ask how long it took you from submitting your MR to getting their response?
    It wasn’t long really 
  • DuffersMumDuffersMum Member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    Thanks, I’m awaiting the outcome of mine, but don’t expect it to change
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's backdated to the date the original decision was made.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • paffuto10paffuto10 Member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @GamerGirl37

Thanks for sharing that letter with us. 

Similar to the one my adult son received. They said although he lives in supported living, he doesn't actually need support!! 
    Go figure?! 

So in yours they are basically saying that the asd diagnosis is only recent so doesn't count? 
    Your anxiety meds aren't strong ones, so don't count. 
    You are penalised for managing to work and achieving NVQ. 
    You are penalised for gaming and using Internet. 

My son was penalised for learning to manage his own money at the age of 24 (with the help of staff) 
    Penalised for not taking anxiety meds (even though they knew the meds made him ill) 
    Penalised for gaming and using Internet. 

Social worker wrote he was unable to plan and follow route or journey unaided.
    PIP Decision: I think you can plan and follow route or journey unaided!! 

I hope you can manage to go to appeal because I am sure you would win. We won at MR with the help of MP. 

Here's a good one from years ago. A children's social worker said that the autism diagnosis didn't count because it was an old one!!! 
    Mind Boggling!! 

Sincerely hope you can get over this shock and appeal. x
    yea yeah I hated reading that only an adult diagnosis **** , I’m going to chat wi tV my mum at the weekend and see what she would like to do I am appealing but dunno if Il go or not 
    yea yeah I hated reading that only an adult diagnosis **** , I’m going to chat wi tV my mum at the weekend and see what she would like to do I am appealing but dunno if Il go or not 
    I would urge you to attend the hearing in person and take someone with you. Paper based decisions for Tribunals only have a 5-8% chance of success. Those that appear in person have over a 70% chance of success so the difference is huge in comparison.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    paffuto10 said:
    @GamerGirl37

Thanks for sharing that letter with us. 

Similar to the one my adult son received. They said although he lives in supported living, he doesn't actually need support!! 
    Go figure?! 

That's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.... If he didn't need support then he certainly wouldn't be living in supported living. :|
    @poppy123456

What if Gamergirl is genuinely too anxious to attend? My son would be. 
    Would a GP letter help, do you think? 
    paffuto10 said:
    @poppy123456

What if Gamergirl is genuinely too anxious to attend? My son would be. 
    Would a GP letter help, do you think? 
    No, a letter from a GP isn't the best evidence. Lots of people are very anxious when attending a hearing. The panel will always prefer you to attend in person, rather than a paper based decision. You would need a very strong case to win a paper based hearing because the chances of success are very slim.
    My mums said that too about being stressed and anxious but then again it shows evidence 
    @GamerGirl37

I know it might be extremely difficult to attend but is there any possibility at all that you could manage? 
    Maybe with your mum or boyfriend? 
    Understand what you're saying @poppy123456 but it does seem cruel? 
    What about if gamergirl's mum spoke for her? Would that be allowed? 
    They will want to see how you are for theirself, which is why it's always better to attend in person. They are so much more understanding than DWP and the health assessment providers and will listen to what you have to say.

If you can get representation from welfare rights or a law centre then your chances of wining are increased.
    How would I need to go to obtaining that from the welfare rights or a law centre?? 
    Check this link first to see if you have either of those local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

If you do then ring them and ask if they can represent you for a PIP Tribunal. (if you're at Tribunal stage)  You will still need to answer all the questions yourself so bare that in mind please. Representation means they will present your case to HMCTS in preparation for the hearing and accompany you on the day.

• MobileGamesMobileGames Member Posts: 88 Courageous
    Sorry to hear you got turned down. I strongly urge you to appeal. I had my mum help me with the appeal form. We went through the descriptors and what we disagreed with and why. A person who helps vulnerable people got in touch with a larger CAB and they sent me a consent form for me to sign and post so that they had my accent to a copy of  the appeal bundle from the Tribunal scanned and sent over to them. That was in April. In July they assigned a benefits case worker. They won't be able to put together a written representation until you get a Tribunal date. They'll be able to put together a letter of which descriptors should be raised and why. I tried the welfare rights but they can't deal with the appeal stage due to lack of funding. It may be worth sending off your medical records. My mum wrote to the surgery manager to request them. I got them and sent them off,recorded delivery. My mum got them photocopied. A recent diagnosis is still a diagnosis. Send as much evidence as you can. Perhaps from the person who diagnosed you with autism? They should've considered all of your evidence. When being assessed we all try to stay calm,but inside we are quivering wrecks. People just see the outside. What about what's going on in the inside? The tribunal panel are better qualified and will ask more in depth questions to build up a better idea of how you struggle in everyday life. I'm appealing. Been waiting nearly 8 months,but I am going to have my say. It's important that the tribunal know just how your conditions affect you and that how up and down you are and just how anxious you get and that you don't know what you are going to be like from one day to the next and what's going to trigger you and distress you. People,crowds,noise,change to routine,being away from home,smells,sounds,shouting. Any sensory overload. I don't know much about Autism,but from what I've heard and seen,it can be very dibilitating. Good luck. 
    @MobileGames

Brilliant post! 

Much more helpful than my first post yesterday which was more like a rant!!  :/
    @paffuto10. That's okay. I know how distressing the wait for an appeal can be. Hang in there. We are all here to come together and try to offer words of comfort. 
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,265 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    I'm interested in the part about 'no diagnosis of eating disorder or dietician input'...

What was that in response to?  I have a dieticians letter stating that I'm severely underweight and recommending a prescription of a milk based high calorie shake (which I can't have anyway due to lactose intolerance :facepalm: ) so wondering if that could be used as evidence of food prep issues for my own tribunal?  Clutching at straws maybe as I have almost no evidence to send either!  But this is why we'll both have to attend our tribunals despite it being extremely difficult and causing huge amounts of anxiety, and the other symptoms further caused by that!  I really do think you should at least attempt it considering you have nothing to lose financially. :)

Yeah I am thinking of attending , but I will need someone to help support my case and I don’t know what’s the best way to go about it 
  • jayne50jayne50 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Did you go to assessment alone always take representation with you ,also make sure you get representation to help you with your appeal.as they will penalise you for anything ,good luck 
    Nope I had my mum with my for the assessment - how do I go about getting representation????? 
    @GamerGirl37
    Check this link first to see if you have either of those local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

If you do then ring them and ask if they can represent you for a PIP Tribunal. (if you're at Tribunal stage)  You will still need to answer all the questions yourself so bare that in mind please. Representation means they will present your case to HMCTS in preparation for the hearing and accompany you on the day.

Poppy put this link on for you  :)
    jayne50 said:
    Did you go to assessment alone always take representation with you ,
    Representation for an assessment is very rarely available or needed because advice agencies just don't have the funding for appointments. A family member or friend is always helpful though.
    Nope I had my mum with my for the assessment - how do I go about getting representation????? 
    Are you at Tribunal stage or MR stage? If it's MR stage then concentrate on this first because without the MR you can't take it to Tribunal. Put your postcode into the link i gave above.
  • jayne50jayne50 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Were I live we have voluntary agency called F.A.C.E who keeps going by donations we are very lucky they are truly amazing . I hope you get the right support I'm sure scope help with PIP .
    I know I’ve had the MR already I put the picture on here the day I got it 
    Sorry about that but i advise so many people here, it's impossible to remember each individual person. Have you put your post code into the link above to see what advice agency is available near you.
    Yes there is some in town I believe and will be their on Monday 
    Please don’t take notice of any numbers on the second letter page 
    It's not unusual for the MR to be a copy and paste of the original decision. Next stage is to request the Tribunal. Advice in this link but you'll need to scroll down to see the appeal process as you've already done the MR.

Hi @GamerGirl37, how are you doing? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    I’m not bad I guess under the weather 
    I hope you start to better soon @GamerGirl37!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    @GamerGirl37. We're all here if you ever need to vent. Lord knows,I've done it! Stay strong. I've been waiting 8 months and when that date for the appeal comes through,I'm going to try my best to put across which discriptors that I don't agree with and that I'm disputing against,and I'm going to try my best to put across just how my conditions affect my life. I have to do this. I'm not giving up. 
    Thank you mobile games that really means a lot and don’t worry I ain’t going to give up I’m ringing the well fair rights people tomorrow if I can 
Sign in or join us to comment.