If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

a good day!

Options
pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2019 in Coffee lounge
Hi all,  things are looking good.......a lovely lady visited me today to discuss the PIVOTELL.
I mentioned this before and have seen and held the item!

It`s great and I agreed to having one and that in itself has brought good things for me and stressed hubby. My meds will now be taken care of by my pharmacist. So I wont have to remember to order meds on line and quite often run out of some, wont have to send hubby to fetch them, which we also forget to do, dispense them into my dosette box, forget to take them and sometimes take the day at night an vice versa, discard all the empty packets (occasionally throwing tablets out in error).

The PIVOTELL has an alarm, which   opens only the tablets you have to take. So yeh, great stuff!
Shortly after she`d gone, I got a call from my Social Worker who made 2 appointments with us;

1. To come with an NHS body, next Friday,  re funding for more care for me,as we are struggling to cope
2. To come next Thursday, to a do a carer`s assessment for my over worked hubby.

Feeling much better than of late.



Comments

  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Options
    @pollyanna1052

    That is great news!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,393 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm really pleased, it sounds like things are really moving in the right direction for you @pollyanna1052
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,176 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pollyanna1052 - The Pivotell sounds amazing! Really good to read about such positive news for you & that you're feeling a little better recently as well.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @pollyanna1052!
    Scope

  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @pollyanna1052! How much does it cost to buy the Pivotell? 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    said:
    Great news @pollyanna1052! How much does it cost to buy the Pivotell? 



    Hi April, looked at them on line and they are about £100. Mine is free as social services referred me for one, as I get muddled up with tablets.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    I,m glad you got something that helps Pollyanna ...sounds a great device . I have a dosette as well but i,m pretty poor at taking my day tablets and if not for my wife ordering them and filling up my dosette box each week , i would be lost . I once took my night tablets by mistake ( includes a sleeping pill ) within an hour i had to go back to bed ??.i will leave the new dosette for a few months as the council are putting in a wet room in a couple of weeks ...i don,t want to press them for anything else , they also put in a new slabbed path for me and my wife . ...and grab rails on the steps and doors . 
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Options
    @pollyanna1052

    So pleased that things are looking up for you and hubby at last and also that you are feeling much better lately. 

    Great news  :)

    The PIP would be the icing on the cake! 
    Hurry up DWP!!!  :p

    Wishing you all the best Polly x
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    paffuto10 said:
    @pollyanna1052

    So pleased that things are looking up for you and hubby at last and also that you are feeling much better lately. 

    Great news  :)

    The PIP would be the icing on the cake! 
    Hurry up DWP!!!  :p

    Wishing you all the best Polly x

    Thankyou very much. Yes it would be incredibly marvellous if I get  the right result first time round. xx
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Seanchai said:
    I,m glad you got something that helps Pollyanna ...sounds a great device . I have a dosette as well but i,m pretty poor at taking my day tablets and if not for my wife ordering them and filling up my dosette box each week , i would be lost . I once took my night tablets by mistake ( includes a sleeping pill ) within an hour i had to go back to bed ??.i will leave the new dosette for a few months as the council are putting in a wet room in a couple of weeks ...i don,t want to press them for anything else , they also put in a new slabbed path for me and my wife . ...and grab rails on the steps and doors . 

    Hi, I`m so glad to read about the help you are getting. I haven't got the PIVOTELL yet, but will soon. I often take night tablets in the day and visa versa!
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.