Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Writing with cerebral palsy
My little girl who is 4 years old has cerebral palsy, she’s recently started mainstream primary school, and has settled in really well. She has also had Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy “SDR” surgery and has since made great improvements.
We had an ISAR meeting this morning at the school, and we’ve identified she’s finding writing, mark marking, gripping pens / pencils hard - I’m just wanting some idea of how to make things easier? And if this problem is something that could get better over time or something we’re always going to struggle with? Will this affect her ability to write and understand letters / numbers?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.