Should I have heard something? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Should I have heard something?

nessa1226 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everybody 
I  am new to this group so please bear with me.
I have been in the support group ESA since January 2016. I received a review form in July which was filled in and posted within the four weeks allowed to return the form.
Since then I have heard nothing. Is this usual not to have heard anything ?
many thanks


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @nessa1226   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community and community members.

    There is always a back log of claims. Understand the stress. I would ring the DWP.

    Please if we can help with anything please get in touch, happy to be supportive.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,497 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

    Backlogs cause delays and there's no timescales to any decision. Most people have face to face assessments as it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

    If you haven't heard anything then the chances are your file is still with the health assessment advisory service, who deal with work capability assessments.  See link

    I would advise you to contact them on 0800 288 8777 and they will give you more information about your review. If it's still with them then it's these you need to speak rather than DWP.

    Good luck.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.