Failed PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed PIP

Options
Aura
Aura Community member Posts: 43 Pioneering
I hope you didn't mind me posting this here.  I got 0 points on every thing on my pip form. I'm devastated. Support worker is trying to do an MR, but that won't work as it's a waste of time and normally gets rejected leading to a lengthy appeal which could take months. I could throttle the so called false nurse. I can't afford my medicine over Christmas now. I have to give up a few things for a while which isn't good.. Apparently I'm not disabled enough!
All women are equal.  Deeds, not words.

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    I got my esa stopped Feb now waiting for tribunal it could be worth it until you mr it get them reply then go for tribunal 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    that's the system working as par normal tbh, now the onus is back on you and appeal MR or tribunal, good luck, there's plenty in the same boat so your not sinking on your own, the nurse was only doing as she was told and following her guides, just seems some are more rigid than others, mine was useless, but as mine made so many mistakes and errors, the assessment centre agreed with 5 out of 6 flaws, then i also took her to her medical council, the nursing and midwifery council and they are now having a hearing on my behalf to see if she needs either to be retrained or dismissed as a failure of care notice as her first duty is to care, not make so many mistakes than a idiot like me can find them and then point them out, after the mistakes were sent it, so yes while i still didn't get any points either with a 0 score after 5 previous assessments and 20 years in the system on the same...
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    Aura said:
    I hope you didn't mind me posting this here.  I got 0 points on every thing on my pip form. I'm devastated. Support worker is trying to do an MR, but that won't work as it's a waste of time and normally gets rejected leading to a lengthy appeal which could take months. I could throttle the so called false nurse. I can't afford my medicine over Christmas now. I have to give up a few things for a while which isn't good.. Apparently I'm not disabled enough!
    @Aura, My thoughts truly go out to you, and I'm sorry to say that you are yet another 'casualty' of the fiasco that is PIP Assessments. How many more people will it take before 'somebody' stands up and notices the devastation to peoples lives being caused by sum dumb-**** of a Nurse?

Please, Aura, regain your strength and MAKE an MR and even then appeal through any process you can. I'm like you in that I was awarded 0 points having been previously on Mobility Component, and my MR shot up to 17 points overnight. The DWP rely upon people losing the will to fight against their first decision, and yes, even your MR may fail, but FIGHT against it with all that you can. Don't lose hope! 

It's bloody disgraceful. Period. 
  • Aura
    Options
    Half of these so called nurses need to be badly retrained, or just plainly booted off the system entirly.  This one was a physio thrapist who clearly had no idea about autismn whats-so-ever.  I'm now (thanks to her) worsr off financially.  Even my support worker said the report was 'sloppily' written.
  • Aura
    Options
    She was a physio apparently with no idea of autismn etc.  
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    … they have no ideas about ANYTHING, except for how to refuse. Don't listen to your Support Worker... Please make a MR and see how that goes, then let us know. I'm sure that others on here will also give you some advice too. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I would urge you to request the MR followed by Tribunal. Starting another claim using the same evidence you just used will very likely see another refusal.

When writing the MR you should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why, adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Regarding your medicine, are you talking about free prescriptions? If so, what benefits do you currently claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    sad to say many just do it for the money and have little to know idea of the hurt and harm they cause and should imo also be taken off and out of the caring profession, as they have little ability or knowledge on many items and lack the basic understanding other than to read of a page and write a reply, sometimes badly i'm sorry to say, this is why the % of MR's at also at their lowest and the number of overturned Tribunals are at the all time highest, speaks volumes tbh, good luck and sorry for the issues it's caused, i'm at tribunal stage atm and have a hearing on the 26th of this month, after a shorter than normal 6 month delay and only just got my first bit on money since being kicked off back in April this year with a failed 0 rating, i'm in the process of writing to the tribunal now and cancelling it as i've been taken on by a company so will be back into work after a 20 year gap, so good luck and whatever you do don't worry, as i know saying it isn't as easy as it sounds, but worrying doesn't pay the bills either so serves no point in the end, it's a dark tunnel and road your on atm, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, just takes time, so good luck and hope you get the outcome you're after in the end and sorry for the pain and distress which i know it causes.

get help with the MR, and once that's failed like many do, go to tribunal and take them for every penny they owe you, good luck
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    zakblood said:
    sad to say many just do it for the money and have little to know idea of the hurt and harm they cause and should imo also be taken off and out of the caring profession, as they have little ability or knowledge on many items and lack the basic understanding other than to read of a page and write a reply, sometimes badly i'm sorry to say, this is why the % of MR's at also at their lowest and the number of overturned Tribunals are at the all time highest, speaks volumes tbh, good luck and sorry for the issues it's caused, i'm at tribunal stage atm and have a hearing on the 26th of this month, after a shorter than normal 6 month delay and only just got my first bit on money since being kicked off back in April this year with a failed 0 rating, i'm in the process of writing to the tribunal now and cancelling it as i've been taken on by a company so will be back into work after a 20 year gap, so good luck and whatever you do don't worry, as i know saying it isn't as easy as it sounds, but worrying doesn't pay the bills either so serves no point in the end, it's a dark tunnel and road your on atm, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, just takes time, so good luck and hope you get the outcome you're after in the end and sorry for the pain and distress which i know it causes.

get help with the MR, and once that's failed like many do, go to tribunal and take them for every penny they owe you, good luck

You managed to get employment Zak! Well done, this is great news. I know how much you have struggled for this and wish you all the very best. xx
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aura said:
    0 points on every thing on my pip form. I'm devastated. Support worker is trying to do an MR, but that won't work as it's a waste of time and normally gets rejected leading to a lengthy appeal which could take months. I could throttle the so called false nurse. I can't afford medicine over Christmas now. I have had to give a few things up. Apparently I'm not disabled enough!

You need to do an MR and go to tribunal if necessary.

I`m waiting for a decision...I`m going to do an MR and tribunal if I have to.

We know what we are entitled to and if it takes a fight, then so be it. But I must say the stress is through the roof.
  • Aura
    Options
    She's helping me do the MR.  I'm on ESA, the medicine I get is what you cannot get on the NHS, as its too expensive.
  • Aura
    Options
    Going to be hard this year
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like things have been really difficult @Aura, how are you doing?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.