Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Victoria Station Manchester no lifts until next year
One of Manchester's busiest train stations will have no lifts in operation over the Christmas period, outraging disability campaigners.
Manchester Victoria's three lifts will be out of order until mid-January, meaning that disabled passengers will have to be carried up stairs at the station on a StairMaster.
Network rail say they are reviewing how they carry out lift repairs in future but disability campaigners have said the simple solution is to keep one lift open.
A statement on behalf of Network Rail and Northern said: “We have to make the lifts at Manchester Victoria more reliable because unexpected breakdowns are hugely frustrating and inconvenient for passengers.
As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments