Recorded pip assessor lying but still lost benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recorded pip assessor lying but still lost benefits

Options
Johnylee
Johnylee Community member Posts: 14 Connected

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help me, I had a pip assessment last week and I secretly recorded it turns out it was the right thing to do

I have now gone from higher rate daily and higher rate mobility to no daily and standard mobility. Il now receive less than 100 a month

The assessor blatantly lied, she described my upper body movements and said I was fine doing them but the reality is she didnt once ask me to do anything with my arms neck or shoulders and I can be heard saying I struggle to get dressed because of pains in arms and shoulders

I said I cant stand at the sink to wash the said I wash at the sink, she said I walked 20 metres from my seat to the assessment room but it's less than 20 metres. She said I walked 5 minutes from the car park but we didnt park in a car park

She said I have put on weight since my last assessment 2 years ago but how would she know that if shes never seen me before or even had my medical notes, I can be clearly heard saying iv lost a lot of weight because I'm on liquid diet due to severe barrett's oesophagus

I rang pip before a decision had been made and told them about the recording , 4hrs later I rang back they told me their decision which was to not award me what I'd previously been awarded

This is so wrong because a decision has been made on a false representation of me, surely this is fraud. The recording and my report is available to anyone who disbelieves me

What I'd like help with is, first who do I contact in regards to suing her and the dwp / atos, any suggestions for a solicitor?

How would approach a newspaper / tv news?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.