Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What do I do next?

lewishamlewisham Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Cerebral Palsy
I have diplegia cerebral palsy and I am reoccurring callus on both of my foot.
I do not know the callus is related my cerebral palsy or not.

Please can you advise what to do next?

Ruthanne from London 


  • Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member Posts: 685 Pioneering
    @LewIsham hi thankyou for coming here to seek support.
    As I'm not a qualified doctor I wouldn't be able tell you whether this relates to a y other condition. Have you tried getting in contact with a gp/doctor? 
  • Phil82Phil82 Member Posts: 50 Connected
    I get bad Callus because of the friction on my feet from the way I walk, a podiatrist can remove it your GP might refer you to a NHS podiatrist.
  • StayceStayce Member Posts: 480 Pioneering
    Hi @lewisham

    Do you see an orthotist at all? Who makes insoles or splints for you?  If so you should mention your callus to them as they will help to reduce the pressure that is being built up as you walk causing the callus. It is probably due to uneven weight bearing across the foot. If not ask your GP to refer you to an orthotist

    A podiatrist could take the callus skin down, but it won’t prevent the pressure building up in the long term, so would suggest an orthotist first.

    Hope this helps
  • Richard_ScopeRichard_Scope Posts: 2,837

    Scope community team

    I completely agree with @Stayce
    If you haven't already seen an Orthotist then I would ask your G.P. to make a referral for you. 
    Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy

    Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
Sign in or join us to comment.