Share your Statutory Sick Pay story
‘I went back to work before the money dried up’
Scope is campaigning to improve the Statutory Sick Pay system. Because too many disabled people face situations like the above – stuck needing to work while unwell.
Have you needed to take sick leave from work for reasons related to a disability in the past 2 years?
Were you receiving Statutory Sick Pay (which is £94.25 per week)?
You can help us campaign for change!
Scope’s campaigns team is looking for storytellers to share their experiences of the Statutory Sick Pay system. Sharing your story can help us campaign to reform Statutory Sick Pay and create a system that is flexible and fair.
If you’re interested in being a Scope storyteller, please email Scope’s campaigns team [email protected] explaining your experience.
Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments