Hi, my name is Garyrw! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Garyrw!

Options
Garyrw
Garyrw Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, new to this group type thingy, so please bare with me. Looking forward to hearing about everyone and hopefully be able to share some of my experiences and thoughts as well. So, bit long winded but "hello everyone " 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Garyrw and welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Garyrw
    Options
    Hi Ami2301 thanks for the welcome,  not sure where to start?  Have various health issues, physically and mentally. Had to give up work in 2015 after car accident.  Still trying to get to terms with it as don't do well being inactive. I do thank myself lucky as not wheelchair bound yet. But is getting harder. Hoping this chat forum will help me and hopefully I might even be able to help someone else. As I'm new to this unsure of the etiquette. Again long winded, thanks again for the welcome. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Garyw - Welcome to the community from me too. We are friendly & support each other with the difficulties we face, or just enjoy a chat. It's great to hear that you would like to help others too .Seems to me you'll definitely fit in, & I hope you enjoy your time here! You might also want to have a look around at other messages & you can just join in wherever you'd like. Near the top of this page is an 'All groups' link which will show you all the other catagories here.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Garyw and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board!  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles.  It is a lot to take in at first when you stop work and aren't as active as you were before.  Many of our members, including myself, can relate to that and it is completely normal to feel that way.  Do you have any hobbies that you can do from home?  Being on here and chatting to people does while away an hour or two and you meet some lovely people.  I have been on the forum over a year now and it has done me the world of good and I am sure you will enjoy it also.  I'm sure that you will make a valuable contribution to the Community anyway.  I look forward to reading future posts from you.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Don't worry too much about etiquette @Garyw. We have some guidelines (https://www.scope.org.uk/online-community-guidelines/?_ga=2.35115240.851487274.1553504687-2129068160.1553166627) if they help, but you're more than welcome to jump in and get involved with the conversations across the community.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Garyrw
    Options
    Thanks @Adrian_Scope I'm sure I will pick it up. Just need to get to know people and absorb the amount of information there is on here. Also have a laugh or two, find that helps when all seems to be crashing down around you or maybe I'm just a little Odd. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Garyw - Hope you are finding your way around here alright, & not feeling too bad at the moment. I think this colder weather is a bit better than the damp we've had for so long!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you @Garyrw how are you doing today? I know how you feel, I really struggled to adapt to suddenly being inactive. It's a tough process but with the right support we can get through it :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.