password entry made easy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

password entry made easy

Options
marksmate
marksmate Community member Posts: 1 Listener
HI my friend Mark has speech and fine motor control problems. He loves listening to music and I have recently purchased a subscription to spotify for him.
he can control the app on his phone well enough though is unable to type in specific songs. this does not bother him as he uses it more as a random music generator. the issue we are having is that the desktop version of the app requires him to enter a password every few days. unfortunately he is unable to do this through speech recognition or typing, I was wondering if there is a way of creating a keyboard shortcut or similar to enter the password in the application? whether this will solve the issue or not is questionable however it would at least give us the opportunity for him to resolve this issue independently.

Thanks for any help

Max

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @marksmate and a very warm welcome to the community! Is there anyway of saving the password so it is filled in automatically? 
    Scope

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hello @marksmate and welcome to the community.

It may help to get a better solution if you can provide what operating system and what browser he uses.

Often there are settings in programs which allow you to change how they behave, as I don't use spotify I cannot help with this.

If he has a keyboard with spare programmable keys then it should be possible, though you would need to see the manual to know how to set this up.

Simple solution: I know this will work on windows but not sure on other operating systems.

Open any program that allows you to store typed information, word for example.
    type in the password save to desktop.

When mark needs the password he opens the document.
    Ctrl and A selects all
    Ctrl and C copies the password
    go to spotify and click in the password box. Ctrl and V pastes the password in.

I would not recommend this method if there are others who access Mark's computer as it can obviously compromise the password.

The above requires two keys to be pressed at the same time, however in windows there are a number of ways to making computers more accessible and if sticky keys has been enabled he should be able to press them in the above order separately.

You might find the following charity helpful for Mark. https://abilitynet.org.uk/

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for such a detailed and helpful response @Geoark. I hope that's helped @marksmate but if you need more ideas or support with this please let us know. Mark is lucky to have a friend like you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.