PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Asking for Statement of Reasons after being paid?

GalarboyGalarboy Member Posts: 7 Listener
The DWP have been very quick to restart my PIP payments, just under two weeks after my tribunal. Now that I've received my back payment, is it safe to ask for a SOR? I know general advice is not to incase it gives DWP thoughts about appealing, but if they've already paid me, will be too late for them to appeal?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They definitely won't appeal the decision now because your payments have already started and you've received backdated money.

As the Tribunal ruled in your favour i would advise you against requesting the SOR because it's a lot of work for the Judge to write this, as it's not written unless it's requested. It would have been totally different had the decision not gone in your favour.

Well done on the win by the way.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,945 Scope community team
    Congratulations on the win @Galarboy! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,361 Disability Gamechanger
    You have 2 weeks left to ask for a SOR and ROP. Requesting one is not out of the question but the real question is why. 

If you just want to tie up loose ends then I would leave well alone. 

If you believe your award was incorrect then by all means go for it but bear in mind that just because DWP have put benefit into payment does not mean they can’t change their mind. If the documents threw up something they weren’t aware of then they may well apply for leave to appeal.
Sign in or join us to comment.