Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet!

Options
2»

Comments

• deerp
    deerp Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    I wish I could plan for Christmas. My Universal Credit falls on 30th every month so attempting to save anything from November 30th to Christmas is an exercise doomed to fail!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I imagine this is really difficult @deerp! How are you spending Christmas this year? I hope you can have some time to relax. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    not yet. I have made present in the past but my family don't seem to appreciate them. I gave my aunt an uncle a fabric wreath last Christmas. It took 10 hrs to make and when I gave it to them my uncle had the most unappreciative look on his face. I have never seen the wreath {which wasn't a Christmas wreath) hanging up in the house and I quizzed my aunt about it and she said it was in a box in with the christmas decorations. I felt really angry. That is the last I make anything for them! A couple of years I made the same aunt a pearls and silver necklace (the real thing) she wore it on Christmas day and I have never seen her wear it since. the same year I made my other aunt an emerald bracelet again the real thing and I haven't seen her wear it since. I made my mom a pearl necklace the same Christmas and even she hasn't worn hers since.( nice to know my work is appreciated)!! think I will stick to cheap rubbish from the shops in the future. they will probably appreciate that more! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,054 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's such a shame @deb74. It's sad that some people don't appreciate the time and effort that goes into handmade gifts. I think the personal touch and thought that goes into something handmade has always been more appreciated than someone grabbing the first thing they see in a shop. I know most of my prized possessions are handmade gifts!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    That must be so frustrating @deb74! I bet your work is beautiful and I'm sorry they didn't appreciate the time and effort. 
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Chloe_Scope. never mind! I should have known my uncle wouldn't appreciate my work but I was hoping my aunt would. I still haven't done my Christmas shopping I have no idea what to buy people
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    It can be really hard to know what to get @deb74! Hope you have a good day. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.