Would I lose the LCWRA part of UC? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would I lose the LCWRA part of UC?

Mike66
Mike66 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited December 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,I've recently been awarded PIP enhanced mobility and standard care component back dated to June.im currently in receipt of UC with my partner who works 16+ hours a week and I get LCWRA. I read on your very helpful forum that my partner could claim carers element as well as when we filled out forms for UC we stated that I had a disability and she helped with my care even tho at the time we weren't in receipt of any benefits. But I also read that if she applied for carers element I would lose the LCWRA part of the UC? I'm very confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news on the PIP award. I'm a community champion here on scope and i advise others on the complex benefit system.

Yes, your partner can claim the carers element of UC for looking after you. This will give you an extra £160 per month and because you reported they were caring for you at the start of your claim then is should be backdated to the start of your PIP award.

Yes, your partner can receive the carers element as well as you receiving the LCWRA element. This rule only applies if the same person was receiving the LCWRA and the carers element, they can't be awarded to the same person.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ladybight4ury
    ladybight4ury Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    So how would i go about trying to get my partner on carers please i am waiting to get my assessment letter from pip?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need your assessment letter because DWP will already know you have a PIP daily living award and UC is part of DWP. You just need to report the changes on your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mike66
    Mike66 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thanks for the help.much apreciated 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.