What will you do today for yourself (selfcare) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What will you do today for yourself (selfcare)

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I'm going to rest after a busy week and put on my favourite dvd series ?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Been busy all day, neighbours round for coffee, then we put the Christmas tree up later just for me I'm going to watch some more episodes of "madam secretary"on prime video, can really recommend it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I pushed myself to drive on the busy dual carriageway today which doesn’t sound like much but is a big step for me. Rewarded myself with a beer (but only after driving!).
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m sitting on the balcony watching the town. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    And I took a nice hot shower today and even had a nap. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I have an extremely rare weekend all to myself as my girls are away until tomorrow evening. Went out and finished my Christmas shopping, just the food left to buy now. Spoilt my girls far too much, as always. Bought myself a new pair of slippers and went for lunch on my own. Then wrapped some presents. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A great thread @Tammyjane33, this is so important!

I've been trying to either to some crocheting or read a book every day. For me, it's taking that time out and doing something to relax. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Just come back from a walk with the dog. Think I will take it easy for the rest of the day. Got some tv programmes to catch up on.
  • Chloe_Scope
    What TV programmes do you like to watch @deb74? :)
    Scope

• deb74
    hi Chloe_Scope. I watch lots of different thing but I tend to watch lots of quiz programmes. I think that comes from my dad. He is addicted to quiz programmes and when I was still living at home he was always watching them.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Reading "The things you can see only when you slow down" . Lovely book.
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    I finally emerged from under the duvet after the best part of a week spent trying to catch up with all the sleep I have missed due to chronic pain.  I have been watching tv and youtube, listening to audiobooks. its been nice being able to sit in the living room. instead of being wrapped up in the duvet. I'm treating myself to fish and chips tonight it would be too much activity too soon to cook. thank god for takeaways that deliver! :p
  • Chloe_Scope
    I love quizzes too @deb74, sounds lovely!

This sounds like my kind of book @Cressida! Have you enjoyed reading it?

So glad to hear you have been able to catch up on sleep and be in your living room @mrbuttons! Sounds like this week has been quite tough. Ooo how was the fish and chips? :) 
    Scope

• deb74
    Hi Chloe_Scope. My body might be doing silly things at the moment but my brain is still working properly! (thank goodness)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Always good to keep the brain going @deb74! I hope today has been kind to you. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Hi Chloe_Scope. I didn't feel very well this morning but I feel a bit better now.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this @deb74, it can be hard to get through the day when we don't feel well. Sending you positive vibes. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Hi Chloe_Scope. I am sure I will be feeling better soon. I just need to take it easy for a couple of days.  
  • Tiatruffle49
    Tiatruffle49 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    good morning everyone I’ve just got up with my partner as I do every morning to make his breakfast and sandwiches for work .. but normally I go straight bk to bed and then end up sleeping most of the day or watching tv or on social media but due to such a bad year financially personally physically everything has really got to me and my mental health has took an extreme nose dive and I’ve had suicidal thoughts I suffer with spinal stenosis from my neck down I’ve got osteoarthritis in my knees hips I’m asking to be tested for rheumatoid arthritis as well as my toes and fingers and other joints starting to deform I suffer with fibromyalgia and the extreme tiredness is bothering me so much that I need some help I’m suffering from uncontrollable crying which I was reading could be something to do with a problem in my brain wondered if anyone else could relate to any of this I’m desperately lonely I’m realising since moving away from my home town to be with my partner people who I thought were friends don’t contact me until I contact them and one person who I had a 17yr long friendship has split with her partner who is my partners friend and because of that she is blaming me for so much stuff that’s happened over the last two years and has suddenly blocked me and just cut me out of her life which along with my mental health issues too has shook me and now I’ve got no friends at all I just want to top myself yes I’ve hit my boys or should say young men but even they don’t contact me even my own mother never thinks to contact me and if she does it’s to give me a telling off because I’ve not rung her I’m sorry I’m pouring my heart out Im also trying to pack a house up because we have got to move into a static caravan to live I’m so low I could cry 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Tiatruffle49. I'm so sorry you've been having such a difficult time. Have you had much luck pushing for tests?

Can I ask how old your sons are?

It sounds like you could really do with some support with your mental health. Have you spoken to your GP about how much you've been struggling?

If you're having suicidal thoughts, it's really important you speak to someone trained and able to help you with them. Have you thought about calling Samaritans on 116 123 or texting SHOUT to 85258?
    You might also seek support from organisations like the Richmond Fellowship or Rethink. As a pan-disability charity, it's fair to say our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people than complex mental health, but if you'd be willing to get in contact with us on community@scope.org.uk we'd be more than happy to look for some support more local to you.

In the meantime, if these thoughts continue and you think you might be in immediate danger, please don't hesitate to call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I’ve got no friends at all I just want to top myself yes I’ve hit my boys or should say young men but even they don’t contact me even my own mother never thinks to contact me and if she does it’s to give me a telling off because I’ve not rung her
    Hi again @Tiatruffle49. I just wanted to ask, did you mean to type 'hit' here? I'm wondering if it was meant to be 'got' and wanted to clarify so I can offer you the best support.
    I hope you've had a nice festive break. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.