Mums pip experience so far... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mums pip experience so far...

jodi257
jodi257 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So I've been a silent member on this group a while now looking at all your pip experiences so far.
So my mums pip renewal forms came in October then she had her face to face a couple of weeks ago at home.
I then requested a copy of the report which arrived on friday.
I haven't read it all yet as I was getting rather annoyed at all the errors (lies) in it.
I just went straight to the descriptor section.
From what I can work out the assessor has marked my mum for 10 points for daily living, and 10 points for mobility.
My mum was on enhanced for both and I'm now aware that if the decision maker goes with the report then my mum will be on standard.
To be honest after all the horror stories I had heard we were prepared for worse results.
If this is what my mum receives once she gets the official decision she doesn't want to appeal it as this has already caused her so much stress and she says something is better than nothing.
I was just wondering do the decision makers tend to go with the report?
After feeling slightly relieved that my mum had got something I'm now worried they may go against it and award my mum nothing. I know nothing is set in stone but i was just wondering how everyone else got on with getting the assessors report and then the official decision ?
Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble but after reading so many other stories which helped me and my mum I thought I would share ours.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, is this a move from DLA to PIP or a renewal of PIP?? If its a move over to PIP then the criteria for the assessment is different than the one used for the DLA assessment. You must appeal the award if you think it is wrong giving examples of what happens when you try to do the descriptors you are contesting. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,919 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against but it can and does happen. Although, having had 4 PIP assessment reports so far, all my decisions have go with the recommendations in the report.

I disagree with @wilko that you must appeal the decision is you think it's wrong. This is entirely your mum's decision. Some people just can't face the extra stress the MR/Tribunal causes so they accept the award and move on but only your mum can make that decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jodi257
    jodi257 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hey thank you both so much for your reply and advice.
    I will let you know what happens once we get the decision 
    It was a pip renewal, she changed over from dla to pip a couple of years ago.
    Unfortunately my mum just wouldn't be able to face anymore stress, just the face to face has left her very fragile and if it went to tribunal she would just be worrying day and night for possibly over a year and even then i don't think she would even be able to face going.
    We will just make sure to be better prepared for when the next renewal comes up.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.