Health Professional - Assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Health Professional - Assessment

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    I have actually complained to the Disabilities Minister and the Minister for Work and Pensions, awaiting a response once the election is over...I did write before to the Disabilities Minister who advised it had to be sent to the MInister’s inbox at DWP, which I did, all I got was a phone call from a customer services person who said they’d add it to my file..not acceptable so I’ve told them so and asked them to investigate properly this time!

The assessment reports have nothing to do with DWP at all so it's very unlikely that you'll receive a response from that complaint. Any complaints regarding the report should only be sent to the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ShaVerZ
    ShaVerZ Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I think it would be helpful to make a complaint about both, the DWP should, most definitely be informed of what is going on as they outsource to the companies. If you don't inform them, they wont know.
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    ShaVerZ said:
    I think it would be helpful to make a complaint about both, the DWP should, most definitely be informed of what is going on as they outsource to the companies. If you don't inform them, they wont know.

By all means try complaining but the assessment reports have nothing at all to do with DWP and they won't be interested.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    The reports quite clearly have plenty to do with the DWP because they take what is said word for word...therefore they are just as accountable as the totally inept ATOS when they take what is said as correct, when it was factually totally incorrect
  • poppy123456
    Sorry i disagree with you here, they aren't written by anyone from DWP and therefore they are nothing to do with DWP.
  • DuffersMum
    But the DWP take note - lock, stock and barrel - about what they say...the whole system is useless...and having worked for the DWP in the past I know they have to investigate every complaint sent via an MP or Minister (I know this because dealing with them was part of my husband’s job) and in my job I often had to look into MP’s questions sent in on behalf of constituents

Of course, nothing will ever change if people don’t complain when they feel things are incorrect...so the more people that complain the more the chances of something being done about it..at my husbands next assessment which we are waiting a date for we intend advising DWP we will be recording the whole process, and have two dictaphones at the ready..his first assessment, a few years back now, stated that he attended his assessment in a totally different city to the one he actually went to....why are they still getting things so wrong years later?
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    @DuffersMum - hard to see how the DWP would investigate a complaint about a report that someone else has written. How will they interview the person who wrote it, when they work for another company?

Will they not just stamp it "not our problem' and send it to Capita/ ATOS?

• ShaVerZ
    Thanks for your help @DuffersMum

I dont think we / anyone will get much help or sympathy here, I'll be off now!

They even delete your posts if you criticise them for giving incorrect advice and seem to jump to the wrong conclusions and assume wrongly!
  • ShaVerZ
    Oh! If I sub-contracted work to another company and things went wrong, I would expect complaints because I'm in control of where that work goes too and I must ensure that the work is done correctly!

Then again, theres no accountability within government departments, they'll try and fob you off, dont let them or anyone else do this!
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    @ShaVerZ - you're right. There is an agreed process between DWP and  Capita/ATOS as to how complaints are investigated. . It's on line somewhere but I can't find it t the moment..

• DuffersMum
    It’s the process my complaint is about, not the assessment (although the assessment report was a complete fairy tale)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @ShaVerZ. I'm sorry to read your assessment resulted in zero points. It's really frustrating when reports don't accurately reflect an individual's situation and I can understand why you're upset. 

Have you started looking into the appeal process?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.