LCWRA payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA payment

Options
clncc
clncc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I have seen on here in the excellent replies that after your Assessment and being described as LCWRA that you will receive payment backdated from 3 month or so after first doctors sick note.
I put a note on my journal asking for more info and after calling an advisor I was told I would not receive any backdated or the extra LCWRA component until 3 month from now, ie March 2020.
I was initially on SSP from work but lost my job due to my illness and was moved onto UC in April 2017.
My assessment was last month in November 2019 and the decision was in last week or so.

I'm really confused as to why if the advisor is correct I will not be paid from 3 month of my first UC doctors sick line but 3 month from the assessment date.

I know it's been stated on here many times of the 3 month from sick note but the info from the advisor contradicts this. I'm confused and worried and any help and views will be very helpful and grateful thank you.

Comments

• clncc
    clncc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Sorry just to clarify this bit "I was told I would not receive any backdated or the extra LCWRA component until 3 month from now, ie March 2020." It was no backdated payments whatsoever and LCWRA payment from March 2020
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It won't be the first time recently that i've heard of this happening but it's definitely not correct.

I must admit though that if you claimed UC is 2017 why has it taken this long to assess you and make a decision? Have you been sending in fit notes for that whole time, with no breaks at all? You say you were moved onto UC in 2017? what were you claiming previously?

There's a 3 month waiting period from the time you sent in your first fit note but it's a 3 FULL assessment period, LCWRA is then paid on the 4th month of your claim because UC is paid in arrears. When it's backdated to will depend on what date you sent your first fit note and when your assessment period is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @clncc and a warm welcome to the community.

As @poppy123456 said, the waiting time is from the first fit note (assuming there have been no gaps in these), not from date of assessment / date of decision. 

It might be worth getting in touch again and explaining it. Unfortunately it does seem to be a common problem. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.