I will shortly be called to a tribunal hearing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I will shortly be called to a tribunal hearing

Options
chillot
chillot Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I will shortly be called to a tribunal hearing with reference to my pip appeal. I’m bipolar and have been for 33 years and have been hospitalised on a numerous occasions.I failed in my pip assessment, I need help at this critical time with support I’m not very good trying express myself. Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

I'm a community champion here on scope. May i ask if you have a date for your hearing or are you still waiting?

You can put your postcode into this link to see what's local to you for advice and support. https://advicelocal.uk/

If there's anything local to you, you can ask if they can represent you but do be aware that even with representation you will still need to speak for yourself during your hearing because the panel will want to hear it in your words how your conditions affect you.

If you have an appointee then they will be able to speak on your behalf.

If you're not able to get representation do you have a friend on family member that can attend with you. It will help with any anxiety you will have on the day, even though they won't be able to speak on your behalf.

The panel will be very understanding and they are totally independent to DWP and the health assessment providers and they will listen to what you have to say. If you don't understand what they ask you then ask them to repeat what they've said.

Good luck!

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello @chillot     Pleased to meet you .

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our community .

Please may I suggest the three links mental health charities .

I used all three.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

All offer floating support and well being on your health, attendance at benefit assessments.  Anything benefits or employment, form filling in and advice guidance anything else.

Also the last one an advocate charity represents you on your behalf.

Doctors, medical professionals any problems with.

Unfortunately might not be in all areas you can self refer.

Please can I advise if dealing with any one . I find it easier to write it down make a script what you need to say, rehearse this.

Support workers used to give the piece of paper can you read this please or the Doctor does help.

Please if I can help or advise be supportive please contact me.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @chillot and welcome to the community. 
    You've been given some excellent advice already but please let me know if you have any other questions about the tribunal process or if we can help with anything else.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.