Any advice on any additional money we can try and claim ? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Any advice on any additional money we can try and claim ?

michellebyeuk
michellebyeuk Member Posts: 5 Listener
My son is autistic and just turned 20 and has just been granted Lcwra but I read we only get it 14 weeks after we handed in his fit note. I believe it’s £336 per month. My question is this - is he entitled to any additional money that I can apply for:
currently he gets enhanced elements of PIP, universal standard rate and now we have to wait a few months for his first LCWRA payment. As I used to get almost £700 a month for him with the 2 additional elements of child support as part of my universal credit. I have lost that so with the £251 UC rate and the future LCWRA payment of £366 I am still going to struggle to make ends meet. I don’t work as I am a full time carer for my son and get £66 a week carers allowance and only £96 UC a month after they have taken the carers allowance out.

Any advice on any additional money we can try and claim ?

Many thanks

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.