Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Unexpected ESA letter, i am visually impaired
I am visually impaired and have been getting SDA (now called EESA) for well over 5 years now, DWP have sent a letter out saying I could be entitled to ESA, I don't trust these forms as I am worried they may take the EESA away from me, or because I have a husband who works and has just taken his pension they might ask me to pay it all back over the 5 years I've had it. I have heard this type of situation from someone else, I work within the 16 hour permitted rules and I have a confirmation letter to say I am entitled to work without my EESA being effected, the form is not VI friendly and just to say I use my money to help me with equipment and resources as I am a piano teacher. please can anyone help. thank you
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.