Hi, my name is Kevinclayton30_! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kevinclayton30_!

Kevinclayton30_
Kevinclayton30_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, at the minute I'm a through the knee left leg amputee. But on 14th jan 2020,I'm having an above knee injury due to my femur bone protruding and I'm in a lot of pain which stops me wearing my prosthetic leg. So I'm wheelchair bound. Anyone else had this done?if so how are you getting on?Kind regards, Kev.

Comments

• Kevinclayton30_
    Kevinclayton30_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Above knee amputation it was meant to say.predictive text.lol.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kevinclayton30_ and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and the fact that you are in so much pain.  I'm not an amputee myself, but am sure there will be some members of our Community who are and will want to contact you and share their experiences.  I hope your surgery in the New Year goes well and please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  You will find the forum to be a really supportive and friendly space so please chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here also for a chat.  I hope that it isn't too long before you are out of your wheelchair and not in pain any more.  I hope also that you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Hi @Kevinclayton30_ and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and the fact that you are in so much pain.  I'm not an amputee myself, but am sure there will be some members of our Community who are and will want to contact you and share their experiences.  I hope your surgery in the New Year goes well and please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  You will find the forum to be a really supportive and friendly space so please chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here also for a chat.  I hope that it isn't too long before you are out of your wheelchair and not in pain any more.  I hope also that you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
  • Ails
    Sorry have accidentally posted this twice as my screen froze!  :smile:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Kevinclayton30_ :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.