From dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From dla to pip

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
My 16 year old has gone from dla to pip do you lose any money if they change the dates so for instance her new claim starts on 8 jan but her old dla would have been paid on a Tuesday the 21st jan obviously this is being paid as pip now on the 30th . Does this mean the Payment of dla On 24 December won’t happen tho the new claim starts on 7 jan? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The decision letter will tell you the payment dates of the PIP. There will be 1 final payment of DLA but this will be for 3 weeks money because DLA is paid 3 weeks in arrears and 1 week in advice. Then PIP will start 4 weeks after that on what ever day it states in the letter and then every 4 weeks on that day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    It doesn’t say anything about dla just that her claim for pip starts on the 8 th jan and they will pay for three weeks from 8 jan to 30 then monthly in arrears so I suppose four weeks after 30 jan. 
    so her payment of dla on dec 24 th will that be more, less or nothing ? She’s getting more on pip than on dla having been assessed differently 
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I’ve just changed over, my DLA was always paid on a Tuesday, my PIP started on 20th November and I received first payment on Wednesday which was for 3 weeks, then it will be 4 weekly from then, always payable on a Wednesday so it was just a day out for me. I never received anything informing me when my last DLA payment would be, 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Best thing you can do is ring and ask when the final DLA payments will be and for how much.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.