Hi, my name is sonic57! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sonic57!

sonic57
sonic57 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have had lifelong mental health issues but now am physically restricted due to a heart procedure that was meant to help also grieving loss of loved ones. Just want not to be around any more. It's everyday torture and my family have to see someone that they don't recognise or know how to deal with. I have a psychiatrist, therapist, CPN etc but even they're at a loss. Been bad before but never like this.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hi @sonic57

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today☃️ 

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes I have also gone through difficult situations recently.

But I have always gone down the “Right Path”

“Life is to Short”

Please please contact the numbers below if things deteriorate further:

Samaritans: 116 123.

Scope: 0808 800 3333

You can also contact me anytime & I will offer you a “shoulder”

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sonic57 - Welcome to this very supportive community. Thank you for joining & sharing. Steve has given you advice, & I will also ask my friend @thespiceman to give some more information, as he has a great understanding of mental health problems.
    Please know you are among friends here, & you can talk any time.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sonic57     Pleased to meet you. Thank to my friend  @chiarieds

Sorry to hear what you are going through right now, I do sympathise have compassion and empathy.

I do understand any illness is an ongoing situation and do think even with any of the support you have.

It is obviously not working for you.

Please if this is the case and that is not ever going be helping, you have aright to get other support relevant to your ongoing mental health.

Please consider mental health charities , I used all these three.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

All three offer floating support health and guidance on your issues, benefit advice well being.

Might not be in all areas.

Last one an advocate charity. Represents you, speaks for you. Any problems with mental health services, Doctors, NHS.

There are people whom you can talk to around what you have been through. I can advise use these organisations.

https://www.cruse.org.uk.

That is a bereavement charity useful, supportive and comforting.

I also recommend having had several long term issues with operations, intervention and talking about  feelings, emotions.

Sometimes by accessing the Christian organisations talking about your fears and insecurities around the trauma can be difficult to comprehend.

I had an addiction nearly died but used my faith to find solace.  Whether your a Christian or not many times used Chaplin or spoke to Salvation Army.

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk.

Every one has a period of questioning. Need to know reasons why and how am I manage to cope.  

Am I guilty do I get insecurity fears of my own fate and must how can I carry on.

All the questions I had when having depression with addiction, now being aware of the situation. Try to offer comfort, reassurance to others.

I am clean and glad to help any one.

Answers are unavailable especially taboo subjects dealing with grief, and the mix of a stressful operation.

Salvation Army is not all about preaching but offering some comfort some listening have some guidance .

I never attended Church used the faith I have practise at home, so used the organisations though.

Please can I also say if you do contact any of the listed links.

What they do is offer a lot of reassurance, confidence self esteem. You get your life back. With coping methods and strategies a care programme to help you make some goal and aims to move on.
    Knowledge, education looking at  health, medication, sleep, diet and nutrition.

I wish you all the best and please keep in touch, keep safe and warm.

Happy to be listening anytime.

Tag my name I will respond.

Please take care your a valued respected member of our community.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    edited December 2019
    Hi @sonic57 and welcome to the community. It sounds like you're going through a rough patch and I'm sorry to hear you're feeling as you are. Have you tried Mind's resources on bereavement or Cruse? Obviously there are talking services like Samaritans (116 123) out there which has been advised above, if you feel like you're in crisis.

Please remember, if you ever feel like you might be in immediate danger, call 999 or go to your local hospital. As a pan-disability charity, it's fair to say that our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people, but if you're really struggling and think you could do with some additional support, we would be happy to advocate for that on your behalf, by way of a social care referral. Please get in touch with us on community@scope.org.uk with your details (full name, date of birth and address) if that's something you'd like to talk about.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.