PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Requesting a PIP tribunal statement of reasons - who gets notified?

FlorineFlorine Member Posts: 41 Connected

I'm thinking that, given that Christmas is coming up, as a precaution it might be safer to request a statement of reasons from the tribunal now (in relation to this case https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/67167/pip-appeal-upper-tribunal-and-error-of-law#latest), if only to keep my options open for the time being.  (I'm assuming I would have to have a very good reason to delay requesting it until after Christmas, since that would technically be more than a calendar month from the tribunal decision, but I'm struggling to find indications of whether, and under what circumstances, an extension of time is possible.)  If I do request an SoR, does the DWP get alerted/receive a copy at this stage, or would that only happen if I actually filed an Upper Tribunal appeal, if that turns out to be appropriate? 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,984 Disability Gamechanger
    If you know that you need to apply within a month and actively choose to not do so then good cause for a late application is irrelevant. You don’t have good cause. Rather, you made a choice. That would always be refused. 

If DWP apply for an SOR/ROP you always get notified because the notification explains why a payment may not have been made. If you apply DWP do not get notified. 

Sign in or join us to comment.