Will this affect my mobility car? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will this affect my mobility car?

abiz Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’ve got my license and My dad hold the PIP form of mobility but in the past I’ve had a daily claim made against me and I’m not sure how much the insurance had to pay out will this affect me taking out my mobility car. My dad lives with me btw ps.  


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,332 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    HI and welcome,

    I'm one of the community champions here on scope and will try to help advice you if i can.

    Can you explain please what you mean by "Your dad hold the PIP form of mobility"?

    Do you have a full driving license and have you got an Enhanced mobility award for yourself or is it your dad's mobility award?

  • abiz
    abiz Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hiya, first and foremost I really appreciate what you’re doing here and how you are helping the community! So in regard to what I was typing a while ago I was saying that my father that lives with hold the enhanced mobility and holds the PERSONAL INDEPENDENT PAYMEMNT. Aka PIP and yes I do have my automatic license  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,332 Disability Gamechanger
    As it's your father's PIP award then he's the one that would need to order the mobility vehicle and the vehicle could only be used for his purposes and not your own.

    If you've had an accident within the last 5 years then yes you will need to tell motability about this accident, whether they refuse you to be added onto the insurance i don't know, you'll need to contact motability to ask them. If you have points on your license then you could be refused to be added for this but it will depend on the amount of points you have.

    If you're under the age of 25 then do be aware that there are some cars that you won't be able to drive at all. Hope this helps.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.