any information on ilp/Iep {indivdaual learning plans } very appreciated please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

any information on ilp/Iep {indivdaual learning plans } very appreciated please

supermummy1990
supermummy1990 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited February 2020 in Education
would my childs school tell me if she had a individual learning plan in place  how much can these help and what can be put in to them do I have a right to see her iep/ilp know they get called both lol if it turns out she hasn't got one what can I do to get one in place many thanks  schools communication isn't great even when I speak to them regually they have left a lot of information out that I only found out from the senco report 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    edited December 2019
    Hi @supermummy1990,
    Your school's SENCO would be your point of contact for this. These plans are usually put into place in conjunction with the parent's input, as they are often intended to be child-led.

Have you had a look at IPSEA at all?

It must be really frustrating to be left out of the loop in regards to your child. Can I ask how old they are?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • supermummy1990
    supermummy1990 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hiya she's only five so  I rely on school telling me things especially that she can't express emotion I will email the senco regarding the IEP and I haven't I will take a look thank you
  • CharlotteG
    CharlotteG Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    What other professionals does your daughter have involved? They may have contributed to an IEP. Alternatively have you looked at if your daughter may need an EHCP? We aren’t there yet (my daughter is only 3) but understand this is more of a formal document and schools are then legally bound to put in place what is written in the EHCP. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @supermummy1990, how are things going? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.