Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is this normal for a home assessment?
Hello I had my PIP home assessment yesterday as I've been on DL A for 26 years. I'm really worried as the lady asked me a question about my health, I answered then further on in the assessment asked me the same question but worded differently. She did this about 5 times. She also asked me how far I could walk without pain when I explained I'm constantly in pain she tried to trip me up asking me again further on in the assessment. Towards the end she asked me to do some movements when I said I couldn't she looked slightly annoyed. Then when the Assessment was finished asked me how I thought it went. Is this normal for a home assessment?
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 755 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 748 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.