Slimming club - sit down scales — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Slimming club - sit down scales

chelseapip
chelseapip Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi everyone just joined and I’m eager to find a slimming club that has sit down weigh scales as I can’t stand I live in North London anyone have any info plz

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help, support and advise others.

I've been a member of Slimming World since 2015 and have been to many different groups around the country because of various house moves in that time. To be honest, i've never seen or heard of a scales that allows you to be able to sit down to weigh.

I have no idea about weight watchers but you could do a search for groups in your local area and contact the person that runs the groups to see if they have one of those scales. Find a group local to you here. https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/find-a-meeting/?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4uTU9PDX5gIVGeDtCh2M-AZOEAAYASABEgIYBvD_BwE

You could do the same with Slimming World and do a search of your area, contact one of the consultants and ask them. There's usually quite a few groups for each local area. I know my area has several groups spaced out over the week. Find a group here, with contact details of the SW Consultant. https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/nearest-group-search

Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chelseapip   pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am also one of the team of community champions.

You met my friend @poppy123456 given you a lot of support.

My interest in food, diet, nutrition led me to speak to the Community Health Unit of my Council where I resided at the time.

Wellbeing service is run under the Community Health Unit.

Purpose is to help, advise, support disabled and those with illness or recovering.

To maintain a healthy life style.

All free lots of good advice.

Please look at your Local County Councils Website, you can self refer.

Or speak to your GP.

Please any thing foodie, diet, nutrition please get in touch.

Have a lot of knowledge, experience useful information.  .  Cheap eats, budget eats healthy recipe.

All recipes on the website here right now, have a look.

Pleasure to help you.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chelseapip and a very warm welcome! Was the advice provided above helpful? It would be great to hear if you find anywhere that has these facilities. :)
    Scope

• Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    this is something I have asked about on another forum, I contacted both Slimming World and weight watchers and while both were understanding of the need, neither organisation provided this facility at any of its groups, the main reason being that all the group leaders are self employed and the cost would be prohibitive for them

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Neither SW nor WW have a sit down weighing scale......I`m a wheelchair user and cannot get weighed at classes, as I need hoisting.

However they still welcome me into their clubs and to follow their regime.

Hospitals have sit down scales and ones which work with hoists. A friend of mine has a  weighing chair, which she uses for dialysis.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Just wondering if you are aware of the free 12 week course SW do for some people. I just rang them and answered a few questions and got the free course. I didn't need a doctor`s letter.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's really interesting @pollyanna1052, thanks for the tip!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.