Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is millyrose7!
I'm when I was 20 I fainted at a disco I was diagnosed of having epilepsy and started on medication I started having seizures so I went back to see the specialist who gave me more drugs as well as having seizures I was very poorly I was having upto 300 seizures a month for nearly ten years was toxic from the drugs I was on housebound for nearly ten years and told not to have a family in 1990 I was informed I hadn't got epilepsy it was the medication inducing seizures I had been misdiagnosed this was a shock I didn't do anything at first but then started legal proceedings this was to no avail my records went missing there was never any evidence of epilepsy the report the specialist received sed not diagnostic of epilepsy in 2002 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia which has gradually progressed this has come from the trauma of misdiagnosis three years ago it came to light i have brain damage and ptsd my memory has been affected really badly and I forget things I'm now unable to walk due to fibro I'm in constant pain 247 I'm never going to be pain free as my central nervous system has been damaged I also suffer from sever depression because of misdiagnosis Ii still hurtvery never being a mum I believe the expert on my case who wouldn't say the they had been negligent has lied in court on another case no one not even my parents knows how this has affected me I've suffered 35 years in total my parents are both poorly I can't physically help them but I do give emotional support I have no other family I'm near breaking point
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.