Uc limited work assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc limited work assessment

Options
tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Hi can someone advise me I work part time due to my disability and mental health I claimed pip which was offered standard but I'm appealing this so have not got award yet till tribunal after april 20 so will be around 75 weeks of waiting I applied for uc which I get nothing from uc so live on 800 pound z month only uc have said if I get pip they can assess me for work capabilitys what does this mean I have a pip award but dont have a pip award can someone help

Comments

• tara2019
    Options
    Hi can someone advise me I work part time due to my disability and mental health I claimed pip which was offered standard but I'm appealing this so have not got award yet till tribunal after april 20 so will be around 75 weeks of waiting I applied for uc which I get nothing from uc so live on 800 pound z month only uc have said if I get pip they can assess me for work capabilitys what does this mean I have a pip award but dont have a pip award can someone help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As you're claiming UC if you're working and earning more than 16 hours x national minimum wage then you can't claim limited capability for work unless you have a PIP award.

If you're working less than 16 hours per week then you can send in fit notes from your GP to start the limited capability for work process off.

If the Tribunal goes in your favour and you're awarded then you'll be able to send it fit notes from your GP to start of the limited capability for work process and you'll be referred for a work capability assessment. Do be aware though that when you do this, if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming limited capability for work then the decision could go against you.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Options
    Thanks I dont understand it I've been awarded standard pip but not received pip award cause going to tribunal due to mobility i work 2 days a week 18hrs but more than minimum wage claimed uc but get sanctioned should all these benefits get back dated when tribunal go in my favour from 29th nov 2018 I cant work anymore it is causing me so much pain my mental health is really severe at this time but I have to work cant live on nothing it's just a vishious circle I have about 4 months to wait now for tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tara2019 said:
    Thanks I dont understand it I've been awarded standard pip but not received pip award cause going to tribunal due to mobility

That doesn't make sense. If you have a current PIP award then payments should continue to be received while waiting for a Tribunal. Or do you mean you had a review and were refused but you had an award before the review took place?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I've just looked back at your previous threads and i see that you don't currently have a PIP award in place because you didn't score any points. The MR decision remained the same, which means still no award. I'm confused why you say you have a standard PIP award..

Regarding the UC, if you reduced your hours to less than 16 then you can send in a fit note to start the work capability assessment process off. Unfortunately, if you are awarded PIP by the Tribunal then i'm afraid you won't be backdated any UC because claiming PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to limited capability for work.
  • tara2019
    Options
    Ok I understand now and the dwp offered standard as they made a slip of pen error on mr stage but they said would only give me the award if I dropped tribunal which I was not gonna do that 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.