PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long for an assessment

Lee123Lee123 Member Posts: 83 Connected
Hello iv been waiting since the 8th of November that is when atos received my paperwork but it's been nearly 2 months I called them today and said health professional is looking into it and may be a paper based has anyone waited this long for an assessment thank you

Replies

• Lee123Lee123 Member Posts: 83 Connected
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales, backlogs are just part of the reason waiting times can be long. There was also Christmas and New year closing days to add onto that time and that will only increase the backlogs further.

I realise how stressful the wait it is but there's nothing at all you can do. Waiting times can be anything from weeks to several months.

As advised in a previous thread, most people have face to face assessments so expect one those and then if an appointment is sent it won't be too much of a shock.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you both so much! Yes now I understand it can take a while I just hope that I'm as lucky as you are and get a paper based! It's so stressful not knowing what's going on but I will take your advice and call DWP in a week's time as it was atos I spoke to but she did mention that it looks like a paper based so fingers crossed hope for the best
    Thank you il keep you updated
    edited January 2020
    I'd advise you to ring the health assessment providers in about a week and they will hopefully give you more information. It pointless ringing DWP until the assessment report has been returned because they won't be able to tell you anything and you could be waiting as long as an hour for DWP to answer, which is pointless if the report hasn't been returned.

Once it's returned, if you put a mobile number down on the form they will text you once it's been received back.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you very much all IL be back in a week with an update!
    edited January 2020
    It’s the DWP who make the final decision not the Health Assessment Provider. 
    The HAP can only advise the DWP but wont be able to give you the final result, they can only tell you that the PBA has been completed and has been sent back to DWP.

I know DWP make the final decision, i never said they didn't. The reason I advised ringing the HAP before ringing DWP, this way, if the report has been returned they will know for sure it's a paper based assessment. If it's not been returned then DWP will not have any idea what's happening.

Sign in or join us to comment.