How long for an assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for an assessment

Lee123
Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
Hello iv been waiting since the 8th of November that is when atos received my paperwork but it's been nearly 2 months I called them today and said health professional is looking into it and may be a paper based has anyone waited this long for an assessment thank you

Comments

• Lee123
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales, backlogs are just part of the reason waiting times can be long. There was also Christmas and New year closing days to add onto that time and that will only increase the backlogs further.

I realise how stressful the wait it is but there's nothing at all you can do. Waiting times can be anything from weeks to several months.

As advised in a previous thread, most people have face to face assessments so expect one those and then if an appointment is sent it won't be too much of a shock.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee123
    Thank you both so much! Yes now I understand it can take a while I just hope that I'm as lucky as you are and get a paper based! It's so stressful not knowing what's going on but I will take your advice and call DWP in a week's time as it was atos I spoke to but she did mention that it looks like a paper based so fingers crossed hope for the best
  • Lee123
    Thank you il keep you updated
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    I'd advise you to ring the health assessment providers in about a week and they will hopefully give you more information. It pointless ringing DWP until the assessment report has been returned because they won't be able to tell you anything and you could be waiting as long as an hour for DWP to answer, which is pointless if the report hasn't been returned.

Once it's returned, if you put a mobile number down on the form they will text you once it's been received back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lee123
    Thank you very much all IL be back in a week with an update!
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    It’s the DWP who make the final decision not the Health Assessment Provider. 
    The HAP can only advise the DWP but wont be able to give you the final result, they can only tell you that the PBA has been completed and has been sent back to DWP.

I know DWP make the final decision, i never said they didn't. The reason I advised ringing the HAP before ringing DWP, this way, if the report has been returned they will know for sure it's a paper based assessment. If it's not been returned then DWP will not have any idea what's happening.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.