BIDET TOILET — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

BIDET TOILET

Options
asnet
asnet Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Has anyone experience of using one of these?  
My husband is a wheelchair user and he thinks it will help his toileting.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @asnet :) I will tag @AmbitiousTurtle as I can't fully remember if she mentioned about this on her blog.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @asnet and a very warm welcome to the community! Have you spoken with an Occupational Therapist about how helpful this would be? 
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am a wheelchair user and use a commode to go over the toilet. I had a rep from Close - o- mat visit me at home.
    This is a toilet which washes you with warm water and dries you.

He told me it wasn't as easy as sitting on the actual toilet...which I cannot do.

I am not sure I would trust it`s efficiency.

Why not ask for a visit..it`s free.
  • dottiek
    dottiek Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi I have had a bidet toilet fitted in my house. It has a sensor and remote control.It will wash you with warm water and blows air to dry you.I have found that you still need to clean yourself as it doesnt do it very efficiently.I hope this helps ☺☺
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @asnet I use a Closomat toilet and for me, it’s mostly efficient but I still need assistance. The best thing I can suggest is talk to someone an OT or someone who will bring some options out from the company. Your husband can try it and see what works for him. Welcome to the community.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    dottiek said:
    Hi I have had a bidet toilet fitted in my house. It has a sensor and remote control.It will wash you with warm water and blows air to dry you.I have found that you still need to clean yourself as it doesnt do it very efficiently.I hope this helps ☺☺

That`s what I thought Dottie. Thanks x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.