Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Danielleflood1990
Danielleflood1990 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I've had pip assessment, had standard rate for 3 years, I'm so upset, scored 6 points for daily living and 10 f mobility because assessor lied on it all, at wits end.. Please help 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Danielleflood1990

Good Evening & Welcome to our Community/family.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your pip assessment.

Can you please let me know at what stage your pip currently?????

I am very very happy in helping you with things.

@steve51

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm also one of the community champions here at scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I see you've recently had a review for your PIP claim. If you're unhappy with the decision then you have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) do be aware that by requesting this you do risk losing everything you already have BUT most MR decisions do remain the same. It could also be increased. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to your current award by requesting the MR. For this you'll need to get face to face advice from an advice agency near you.

If you do request the MR then you should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. You can't prove what did or didn't happen. Any complaints about the report should be sent the the health assessment providers.

As most MR decisions remain the same then you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date.

Do be aware that if you were claiming daily living previously then losing that award could affect any other benefits you are claiming.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Danielleflood1990, I'm so sorry to hear this and appreciate that this is a very stressful time. I hope the advice above is helpful, but please do ask if there is anything you are unsure on.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.