Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How to talk to my 3-year-old grandson about his CP?
I’m asking for advice about how to talk to my 3 year old grandson. He has CP and has learned to walk in the last 6 months, brilliant! But his little nursery friends are beginning to ask questions about why he can’t walk properly. He has a “typical” very stiff legged gait and after using a Walker for a while he now makes tremendous effort to get about by himself. He himself isn’t yet aware that he isn’t the same as everyone else. Has anyone else discovered words to be able to prepare him for challenges and also to accept that he is a bit different from his classmates?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.